Wednesday 12 May 2010

Finally they found the Choosen One

Quote of today
"Something's happening . . . I'm not the Jedi I should be. I am one of the most powerful Jedi, but I'm not satisfied ... I want more, and I know I shouldn't."

Anakin wonder
Revenge of the Sith
Today...
year 2000 Hayden Christensen announced that he would be starring as Anakin Skywalker in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

Casting Director Robin Gurland had estimates that she reviewed close to 1,500 candidates, at one level or another, for the part. Director George Lucas had turned down such big names as Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Phillipe and Paul Walker for the role, as well as 400 other candidates.

Casting Director Robin Gurland tells about finding Hayden Christensen:
Gurland knew from the instant she first saw Christensen that the young Canadian newcomer had potential. "When Hayden came for his first meeting, I opened the door, and I just suddenly became flushed, because I knew. I sat him down and looked at him through the camera, and all of a sudden, I just knew that Anakin had walked in the door. I literally picked up the phone and called George and said, 'Anakin just walked in.' But I had to continue on, because casting is kind of a never-ending process."

No comments:

Post a Comment